vendredi 5 février 2010

Haiti’s future

My friends think that I should not talk about politics on my blog but I am so eager to express my opinion that I have ignored them on that aspect. I am sure they will not comment on this article but they still love me and this is what counts for me.

Crisis in Haiti is not News for the world except this time it is of overwhelming proportion. The January 12, 2010 earthquake changed the face of Haiti and will most likely change the way Haitians and the Haitian government deal with daily routines. The daily routine and the economy of Haiti is another topic but right now we want to focus on what needs to happen in the short run if this nation is to be sovereign.

Haiti’s scheduled elections were cancelled after Port-au-Prince has been destroyed by a powerful and shallow earthquake. As a result the country is partially paralyzed with hundred of thousand displaced individuals waiting for help. How will Haiti, one year before its presidential election, handle the seemingly pressing emergency of earthquake victim, the growing poverty, and a transition of power? My friends, this is not an easy task and I am sure the absent minded Haitian leaders don’t have a clue. Well my friends, I don’t know either but I am in a better position to give them ideas because I am outside looking in, I will not run for office and I will not be anything important in politics over there.

Jean Max Bellerive is the Prime Minister, we should all agree that Haiti cannot afford presidential election right now because there is no money. Whatever the country has should be devoted to help rebuild in preparing a better tomorrow. On February 7, 2011, René Préval will step down as president if not before, he needs to and he knows it. The president of the Supreme Court should be president of the country and he will be wise to keep Bellerive as the interim Prime Minister as long as the Prime Minister’s performances can reassure the people that he is a leader. I am sure Jean Max Bellerive will not have a problem to serve his people. Within two years, Haiti can probably handle elections and the recovery period will already be ongoing, people will have jobs with the rebuilding of the Capital and the surrounding destroyed areas. This is my opinion and I welcome yours.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire