lundi 5 octobre 2009

What can you do for me?

Written in March 2008 from my other blogpost soon to be defunct

This question comes up many times a day in various walk of life and many times the answers are inappropriate because many of us don’t know what we are looking for. I come to realize that there is enough wealth on the face of this planet to help cure diseases, restore order, save the lives of dying mother and babies, provide adequate education to poor children, and set long term economic growth for an impoverished nation of 8 million people.

I have a dream, maybe I can use Martin Luther King, Jr.’s line of I have a dream. Please allow me. I dream to see that the children of Haiti suffering from all sort of diseases and hunger – I could have been one of them – receive a permanent relief that would lead them to become self sufficient after receiving adequate healthcare and education. I dream to see that the rural areas of Haiti become like the suburbs of America, like the “­” of France and Canada so the people living in them would have the basic necessities to live a life deserving of human beings. I dream to see that the Organizations working in Haiti seek transparency so instead of having tourist workers we can have humanitarian workers. I dream to see that little girls like “ti dane”, little boy like “hyson” receive fair treatment deserving of children. I dream to see that they receive a meal, a warm meal whenever the other kids are eating so they can feel alive even though they have no mom or dad. I dream to see that they are allowed to play with the other kids of the neighborhood instead of being worked day after day. I dream to see that they get the respect they deserve even if they get a spanking, it does not turn to be a beating with blood flowing down on their backs. I dream to see that they receive words of wisdom from adults who know better with love and kindness. I dream to see that they are sung a lullaby before they go to sleep or they are read a bedtime story even if it is about Nonk Bouki ak Kompe Malice.

I have a dream for the children of Haiti after all, I was a child in that country too. I have seen what “Mèjè” endured from a so-called aunt when she was pleading to be slapped instead of being beaten with a leather slipper on the face. I have seen and felt for Pauline who has been accused of stealing the money received from selling sweet potato pie (Haitian style) while the people knew where the money was so they would not pay her but instead beat her and run her away and threaten to kill her so she would never come back to claim what was hers. I have seen “Madame Numa” serving warm food to her husband and 10 children and the ones who have cooked the food only had a chance to smell it. They did not, nor could they get the opportunity to lick the pans because after “Madame Numa” finished serving her family she dumps the pans (chaudières) under a dirty water in the kitchen sink. Those maids were paid $4 per month and they were not to receive any free meal from their mistress and if they would be caught touching a miniscule little portion of the food that they cook, they get a real beating, the one reserved to the common thieves in Haiti. I have a dream to change Haitian society for the better.

I want to start with the children who only have a voice to cry. I want to quote the French lyrics of a song by Yves Duteil and translate it somehow, it says:

Pour les enfant du monde entier
Qui n’ont de voix que pour pleurer
Je voudrais faire une prière
A tous les maitres de la terre
Dans vos sommeils de somnifères
Où vous dormez les yeux ouverts
Laissez souffler pour un instant
La magie de vos cœurs d'enfants
Puisque l'on sait de par le monde
Faire la paix pour quelques secondes
Au nom du Père et pour Noël
Que la trêve soit éternelle

Translation

For the children of the world
Who only have a voice to cry,
I would like to say a prayer
To all the masters of the earth.
In your sleeping pills naps
Where you rest with open eyes,
Let the magic of your hearts of children blow for a while
And let’s make peace in the world
In the name of the Father and for Christmas
May this last eternally FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN

I want to open the doors of Haiti to you today so you can make things happen. I don’t want you to give me money, I want you to go over there and build a school, build a clinic, build a hospital, and build an orphanage. Take care of the staff that will run those services so they can take good care of those children for a better tomorrow. I tried to invite former US President Bill Clinton, Ambassador Andrew Young, Ambassador Janet Sanderson, Haitian President René Preval, US President Georges Bush, French President Nicolas Sarkozy, England’s Queen Elizabeth, Pope Benoit XVI, US Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator John Mc Cain, Senator Barack Obama, TV Talk Show Queen Oprah Winfrey, all of the Haitian Hollywood celebrities and also anyone with a humanitarian reason to see a better Haiti, please join me.

I am such a small name I don’t have the power to pull those people together. We are taking about Haiti, the former pearl of the Caribbean, the country that is in America’s backyard, the former joy for European colonialism. I want the world to look at Haiti and tell me if there is no way to save this nation. I want the world to look at Haiti and tell me if this is a lost cause. I want the Haitian celebrities from all corners of the Globe to tell me where would they be today if Haiti did not give birth to them? I have questions. Do you have answers? Let’s discuss this I am sure I will win the cause for Haiti. I can’t wait for the challenges. Haiti needs the United States of America and Canada today. Haiti needs the Western World to help her get out of this misery. I am calling on France, Great Britain, Spain and the nations of South America as well. Haiti has set a path of freedom for the New World but she is struggling to make ends meet for her children, she is helpless and will be hopeless if you don’t come join hands to rescue her. The opportunity to help Haiti is at hand and is simple. Let’s unite for the sake of Haiti and her children. Please join me. HAWCHES has a vision to help bring changes in Haiti

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire