lundi 21 septembre 2009

Mr. President

Dear Mr. President

I don't have a known name in America. Benoit (Be nwa) does not mean much to a lot of people. The only Benoit that was in the News was the wrestler Chris Benoit. We are not related I have never even met him. I am copying on Tom Foreman, I am sure you know him because he sends you 245 letters this year alone. I hope he does not tire you.

It seems to me that you have not been paying attention to the news because you are the news. As President you have to deal with the economy, Afghanistan, healthcare, your family and the Republicans. To make matters worse for you, here I come writing you too. Tom Foreman has some competition now because we believe in capitalism here. The only person who has a monopoly is you because you are President until January 2012. No competition up to that point.

You have great memory of what they said last year - they thought they were winning. Well, they want you to fail you know so they can say "see, I told you so." But Sir, you have work to do and those people have never been elected to anything so don't mind them. Remember you are the President of the United States of America. Keith Olbermann would like that.

Everything we touch nowadays has Obama written all over it. We, I mean myself and those who have voted for you, would like to give you a tiny nickname. How about Obi? I hope Michelle would not mind and I hope those who read my blog like it too. As you can see if it is okay with your wife and those who voted for you we will call you Obi. Even as President, here your vote does not count. Can we do that? I guess it is okay with you.

Well Mr. President my lunch is getting cold. I will be in the DC area in October. I have not had a beer for 28 years, I am not kidding you. If you want to invite me to the White House for a beer, I will travel to DC sooner. We have much to discuss.

You need to go get some food too, you have been up for a while.

Take care of yourself.

Drop me a note if you have time, I'd like that.

Gabriel Benoit

PS. We will call you Obi next time. We plan to have Obi 2012 bumper stickers - just watch.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire